The information on this page has last been modified 2020/08/14.
Wave Sports is dedicated to doing its part to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Wave Sports requires all league participants and/or players acknowledge their respective roles in doing their part to stop the spread of COVID-19.
I acknowledge, as part of my registering to play and/or participate in the Adult Rookie League (ARL) games and associated activities, my understanding of the importance to take steps to actively stay well in order to protect myself and others while promoting a safe playing environment for all participants involved.
I accept that registering on rookiehockey.ca is the equivalent of signing this document and, in doing so, I acknowledge that I have taken responsibility for my own health and to help stop the spread of COVID-19 by completing all necessary steps prior to and while attending any Adult Rookie League (ARL) games and associated activities. These requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Agreeing to testing for COVID-19 and potential subsequent self-quarantining if I am identified as a contact of anyone who has been determined to be positive for COVID-19;
- Agreeing to self-quarantine in a designated location if I test positive for COVID-19 until:
- My symptoms have resolved;
- It has been at least 14 days since the start of my symptoms; and
- I have obtained a negative COVID-19 test result.
- My symptoms have resolved;
- Establishing and maintaining a monitoring system for any, or any combination, of the following symptoms:
- A fever of 38 degrees Celsius (100.4 degrees Fahrenheit) or higher;
- Respiratory symptoms, such as dry cough or shortness of breath;
- Sore throat;
- Body ache(s);
- Loss of taste or smell.
- Staying at home if I am feeling sick;
- Getting a flu vaccination;
- Wearing a mask and all appropriate PPE in all public spaces including, but not limited to, locker/change rooms;
- Practicing physical distancing as much as possible at all times before, during and after all Adult Rookie League (ARL) games and associated activities;
- Frequently washing and/or sanitizing my hands;
- Keeping my personal space, shared common space, and my belongings clean; and
- Understanding that the symptoms currently associated with COVID-19 are ever changing and agreeing to keep informed of additional and related symptoms as they become available through Health Canada, local health department(s), and others.
I acknowledge that in the event that I test positive for COVID-19, I agree to contact Wave Sports/Adult Rookie League (ARL) within 24 hours of the diagnosis. Failure to do so may result in the permanent ejection from the Adult Rookie League (ARL) and associated activities (without refund or credit).
I understand COVID-19 is a highly contagious virus and that it is possible to develop and contract the COVID-19 disease, even if I follow all of the safety precautions above and those recommended by Health Canada, the local health department(s), and others. I understand that I can never be completely shielded from all risk of illness caused by COVID-19 or other infections.
I understand that I may further reduce the risk of illness caused by COVID-19 or other infections by wearing a full face mask or shield and keeping hockey gloves on during all Adult Rookie League (ARL) games and associated activities. I voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure
to COVID-19 if I choose not to wear a full face mask or shield at any time during my participation or attendance at any Adult Rookie League (ARL) game or associated activities. I understand that a wire cage or similar protection device will not provide the same, or any protection, afforded by a full face mask or shield.
By registering to the Adult Rookie League (ARL), I acknowledge that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By attending any Adult Rookie League (ARL) game or associated activities, I, and any of my guests, voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold Wave Sports, the Adult Rookie League (ARL) or any of its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers liable for any illness or injury.
By registering to the Adult Rookie League (ARL), I acknowledge that I have read, understand, and agree to comply with the requirements above. I acknowledge that these requirements are a condition of my ongoing participation in the Adult Rookie League (ARL) games and other, or any, associated activities. I further acknowledge that anything contained within this statement and waiver as it relates to the Coronavirus is made in addition to any other waiver(s) previously or currently agreed to with respect of participation in any Adult Rookie League (ARL) game or associated activities.
This waiver shall cover the entirely of the Adult Rookie League (ARL) fall/winter 2020/21 season.
The information found on this page can be downloaded here.